The Access Project
With ongoing efforts to undermine sexual and reproductive health, it is essential that we continue to expand efforts to protect reproductive health, rights, and access. It is more important than ever that we unite to protect all that we have achieved on behalf of people and families across Pennsylvania. With the support of generous donors, AccessMatters launched an initiative, “The Access Project,” in 2017 to support a health policy position at AccessMatters to protect, expand and enhance equitable access throughout the state.
We launched this effort in November 2017 with the hope of raising a total of $400,000 for our advocacy initiative. The response has been incredible. In Fall 2018, we held a successful fundraising event with Kathryn Kolbert, raising over $80,000 including generous matching grants, at the home of our generous supporter, Ann Steiner. Unfortunately, our 2020 event had to be postponed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, but we are proud to report that despite the cancellation, we have raised nearly $305,000 from our loyal supporters to date.
Help us continue to do this vital work by making a contribution today! Every donation matters.
Our team works to:
- protect the Title X Family Planning Program,
- advance statewide standards for comprehensive sex education in Pennsylvania,
- advocate for contraceptive equity,
- organize voter registration and mobilization efforts,
Read more about our Access Project activities.
Our 2021 key priority issues include: protecting and expanding the Title X Family Planning Program, advancing statewide standards for comprehensive sex education in Pennsylvania schools, supporting expedited partner therapy legislation, and advancing policy issues directly impacting perinatal and postpartum health.
In 2021, we have continued our work on key priority issues and expanded our work to include:
- Establishing AccessMatters as key resource for legislators, including PA Women’s Health Caucus leadership, to help usher forward issues that intersect with sexual and reproductive health
- Increasing our advocacy work to rescind the Trump-era 2019 Title X Rule and restore the Title X Family Planning Program to its original intent
- Developing additional toolkits and resources for advocacy around policy issues including Doula coverage
- Publishing letters to the editor and op-eds on numerous topics, including: health equity in Pennsylvania and advancing expedited partner therapy.
We are committed to continuing this vital work. As legislators continue to propose and pass bills that restrict and defund access to sexual and repro health services and information, we know our work is far from over
We need your support to ensure we can continue to expand on this important advocacy work. Please give today to help us meet and surpass our goal of $400,000 to support this work for the next two years.