Senior Manager, Quality ManagementOctober 2018
Reporting to the Deputy to the Vice President for Health Access & Service Delivery, the Senior Manager, Quality Management (QM) supervises the Program Manager QM and manages the daily activities of AccessMatters’ organizational and programmatic QM activities, ensuring that QM activities and programs are data-driven and aligned with AccessMatters’ strategic plan. This position helps develop and communicate the strategic vision, scope and mission of the Quality Management team. This position works across AccessMatters’ departments to identify, plan, and support QM activities specific to individual departments, programs, or the organization as a whole. Additionally, this position assures that departmental goals and objectives are met through team building and supervision of staff, continual monitoring of program data, effective coordination and communication intra-departmentally and with collaborating agencies. This position is also responsible for day-to-day fiscal oversight of departmental activities.
The Senior Manager will interact with AccessMatters’ internal team members and external stakeholders, including consultants, community-based partners, government representatives, and the general community. This position will be expected to participate in all departmental meetings and activities as needed. As a program leader, the Senior Program Manager also advances AccessMatters’ organizational mission and strategic vision, serving as a role model for staff. This position is full time and exempt.
The Senior Manager, Quality Management, will:
Coordinate Continuous Quality Management Activities.
- Ensure adherence to federal, state, and programmatic policies and requirements and ensuring the delivery of high-quality sexual and reproductive health services within AccessMatters’ Provider Networks.
- Responsible for overall assessment and monitoring of all Clinical and Social Service Provider Networks, and for establishing shared measurement practices.
- Creates and enhances audit tools and the development of audit schedules.
- Leads all annual Quality Management site visits, documents any deficiencies identified and facilitates improvement planning.
- Ensures all audits are conducted on time, feedback reports to the Networks are timely, and all internal deliverables are on schedule.
- Prepares site reports and makes presentations to network members and
- Facilitates follow up activities with Providers, including but not limited to trainings and technical assistance.
- Reviews all program policies and protocols, ensuring services are provided at the highest quality across relevant
- Assesses internal and external HIV/STD testing staff at community-based sites.
- Assists with Network-wide analysis and data synthesis.
- Conducts evaluation of Network needs and activities.
- Disseminates written reports and publications.
- Monitors data and provides technical assistance
- Develops, implements, and monitors Network-related QI activities
Supervise Staff and Provide Program Leadership
- Supervise, train, develop, evaluate, coach, and motivate the QM Program Manager, to meet goals and work cooperatively to execute program strategies.
- Participate in the hiring, training, and evaluation of staff; coordinate staff assignments, individual and group supervision, and team meetings.
- Using a strengths-based perspective, coach supervisee(s) to build and utilize individual strengths for program activities, while providing supporting feedback and learning enhancements to address developmental needs, and taking corrective action when warranted.
Advance the Mission of AccessMatters and Fulfill Organizational Duties
- As a Program Leader, exemplify our Core Values and dedication to a culture of excellent leadership, in which leaders foster an environment where staff feel valued and appreciated, where all staff hold themselves accountable in service to our community and stakeholders, and all staff eagerly pursue excellence.
- Consistently exercise discretion and sound judgment to analyze, interpret and act, evaluating possible courses of conduct and making decisions for the best outcomes for the client, team and the organization.
- Maintain high ethical standards and conduct regarding confidentiality, integrity, dual- relationships, and professional behavior overall, representing AccessMatters effectively and positively to all internal and external constituents.
- Create and maintain an inclusive and equitable work environment that is respectful of all, embraces diversity and equity, and includes diverse perspectives and talents in problem-solving.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Broad knowledge of public health and/or sexual and reproductive health programs and issues, including those related to adolescent health, family planning, sexually transmitted diseases, and HIV/AIDS.
- Knowledge and experience in regulatory/contract compliance and quality management methodologies, preferably in a public health or clinical setting.
- Excellent supervisory and staff development skills and team leadership abilities for multi-dimensional program activities.
- Ability to review and analyze programmatic and service data to assess and monitor provider performance and quality of care and to identify trends.
- Familiar with HIPAA and other federal, state, and local regulations governing client confidentiality.
- Ability to travel regularly for the implementation of Quality Management activities in Southeastern Pennsylvania as well as across the State of Pennsylvania as needed.
- Ability and desire to work within a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team environment, serving diverse populations and institutions across a broad spectrum of community and clinical providers within the field of sexual and reproductive health and maternal and child health.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to counsel others and facilitate meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks effectively within a compressed timeframe.
- Eligible for all city and state mandatory clearances, e.g., criminal and child abuse.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Work or related field (or equivalent field experience) preferred. Relevant industry specific experience considered in lieu of college degree where possible.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience preforming Quality Management activities.
- Experience utilizing QI tools (PDSA Cycle, root cause analysis, fishbone diagrams, etc.) in a health related setting.
- Experience in clinical settings and/or patient care preferred.
- Experience in HIV counseling, testing and referral and HIV primary care preferred.
- Experience in program development, implementation, management, and evaluation preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures around clinical care issues.