Sasha Faust is a trainer and sexual health educator based in Philadelphia. She started her career in public health as a medical case manager at a Philadelphia nonprofit agency serving adults living with HIV. At AccessMatters, she provided education, counseling, and referrals for sexual and reproductive healthcare as a specialist for AccessMatters’ Health Information Hotline and the Pennsylvania State AIDS Factline. In addition to hotline work, Sasha provided school-based education and counseling to youth.
At the center of her approach to sexual and reproductive health work is a commitment to the ethics of reproductive justice, consent, medical accuracy, and gender inclusivity. She holds dual BA degrees in Communications Studies and Women’s and Gender Studies from West Chester University of Pennsylvania.
As part of the AccessMatters’ Training Team, Sasha’s subject matter expertise includes:
- HIV/AIDS education
- Family planning
- Gender-inclusive sexual and reproductive health
- Sexual orientation and gender diversity
- Client-centered counseling
- Youth-Centered Counseling for Adolescent Health Professionals
- Contraceptive Counseling for Family Planning Providers
- Creating a Welcoming Health Center for Youth
- Pregnancy Options Counseling
- Family Planning and Opioid Use Disorder: Assessing Reproductive Intention and Connections to Care