Program Manager, Family PlanningJanuary 2019
Reporting to the Director, Family Planning, the Program Manager, Family Planning will assist in the daily operations of the AccessMatters Family Planning Program. The Program Manager will assist with programmatic infrastructure development as well as the development and implementation of policies and procedures relevant to managing the diverse Family Planning clinical network. Additionally, this position will be instrumental to the core Family Planning team by assisting with daily tasks, including but not limited to: preparation and dissemination of regularly scheduled communications, drafting of reports, contracts management and data monitoring. The Program Manager, Family Planning will interact both with AccessMatters’ internal team members and external sub-recipients and stakeholders, including AccessMatters’ Family Planning Network, consultants, community-based partners, government representatives, and the general community. This position will be a member of the core Family Planning team which resides within the Health Access and Service Delivery department within AccessMatters and is expected to participate in all departmental meetings and activities as needed. As a program leader, the Program Manager also advances AccessMatters’ organizational mission and strategic vision, serving as a role model for staff. This position is full time and exempt.
Manage Family Planning Programs and Operations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and communication with potential and existing partner organizations and sub-recipients.
- Assure the implementation of overall program goals and objectives, the timely submission of reports/data, and required remediation to assure program goals and objectives are met.
- Engage in budget management as defined and directed by the Family Planning Leadership team.
- Assist in the development and/or modification of Family Planning guidelines, policies and procedures, curricula and other written tools as they relate to adolescent health programs.
Provide Support and Guidance for Family Planning Field Staff
- Provide day-to-day supervision and coaching to the Family Planning Network staff including guidance on professional growth opportunities and/or necessary disciplinary actions, when appropriate.
- Conduct presentations and actively participate in the preparation, revision and/or implementation of relevant trainings on Family Planning services. Seek and Implement Opportunities for Program Advancement and Expansion
- Represent AccessMatters at project-related local, state, and national meetings, conferences, and training as required by the funding source.
- Assist in the development of proposals to fund existing and/or expand Family Planning programs and services.
- Engage in ongoing communication about program progress, including successes and challenges, with supervisor and other stakeholders, both internal and external.
Advance the Mission of AccessMatters and Fulfill Organizational Duties
- As a Program Leader, exemplify our Core Values and dedication to a culture of excellent leadership, in which leaders foster an environment where staff feel valued and appreciated, where all staff hold themselves accountable in service to our community and stakeholders, and all staff eagerly pursue excellence.
- Consistently exercise discretion and sound judgment to analyze, interpret and act, evaluating possible courses of conduct and making decisions for the best outcomes for the client, team and the organization.
- Maintain high ethical standards and conduct regarding confidentiality, integrity, dual- relationships, and professional behavior overall, representing AccessMatters effectively and positively to all internal and external constituents.
- Create and maintain an inclusive and equitable work environment that is respectful of all, embraces diversity and equity, and includes diverse perspectives and talents in problem-solving.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of family planning interventions across impacted communities.
- Ability to deliver high quality support services in a professional service oriented organization.
- Strong understanding of the concepts and practices associated with effective program management and administrative services.
- High degree of customer service skills and philosophy, to include professionalism, responsiveness, and follow through.
- Knowledge and experience with diverse communities with cultural responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work with in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team environment, serving diverse populations and institutions across a broad spectrum of community and clinical providers within the fields of sexual and reproductive health and maternal and child health.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in project teams and manage projects with multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks effectively within a compressed timeframe.
- Excellent assessment, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters in in Public Health, Social Work/Human Services or related field (or equivalent field experience) preferred. Relevant industry specific experience considered in lieu of college degree where possible.
- Required – 3-5 years of professional program management experience in quality improvement or training environment, experience with customer service and service contract administration desirable; experience in a non-profit environment preferred. Minimum of one year of experience in technical writing to create formal reports.
- Eligible for all city and state mandatory clearances, e.g. criminal and child abuse clearances