Program Manager, Community-Based Health ServicesOctober 2018
Reporting to the Director, Community-Based Health Services (CBHS), the Program Manager, CBHS will manage AccessMatters’ community-based and Social Networking Strategy testing, screening, referral, linkage-to-care, and navigation activities. In addition, the Program Manager will assist with programmatic infrastructure development. Additionally, this position will be instrumental to the CBHS team by managing daily program tasks, including but not limited to: communications, reports, contracts management, data monitoring, training, and capacity building activities. The Program Manager will interact with AccessMatters’ internal team members and external stakeholders, including consultants, community-based partners, government representatives, and the general community. This position will be expected to participate in all departmental meetings and activities as needed. As a program leader, the Program Manager also advances AccessMatters’ organizational mission and strategic vision, serving as a role model for staff. This position is full time and exempt.
The Program Manager, Community-Based Health Services, will:
Manage AccessMatters’ Community-Based Targeted Testing and Social Networking Strategy Testing, Integrated Screening, Referral, Linkage-to-Care and Navigation Activities
- Coordinate daily program activities including staff assignments.
- Ensure all safety and security mechanisms are in place at all HIV testing venues.
- Integrate AccessMatters’ testing policies and procedures, and site identification with Philadelphia Department of Public Health and AACO standards.
- Ensure that required paperwork and specimens are securely transported to appropriate bodies in a timely manner and that warm handoff referrals are conducted the next business day following night testing.
- Develop and update essential protocols and procedures, including but not limited to, testing and linkage policies and protocols.
- Manage referral, personal cognitive counseling and integrated screening activities for high-risk negatives clients.
Serve As The Principle Investigator For A Federally Funded Targeted HIV/STD Testing and Linkage-To-Care, Case Management Program.
- Implement community-based HIV/STD, and other sexual and reproductive health interventions.
- Ensure the implementation of overall program goals and objectives.
- Provide updates and written reports on all program activities.
- Provide program guidance to program partners.
- Build strong referral relationships with entities that provide essential support services.
- Analyze trends related to public health prevention programming and market research.
- Ensure appropriate data is being collected and submitted for input.
- Remain updated on navigation/service linkage literature and the changing Philadelphia public health resource landscape.
Advance the Mission of AccessMatters and Fulfill Organizational Duties
- As a Program Leader, exemplify our Core Values and dedication to a culture of excellent leadership, in which leaders foster an environment where staff feel valued and appreciated, where all staff hold themselves accountable in service to our community and stakeholders, and all staff eagerly pursue excellence.
- Consistently exercise discretion and sound judgment to analyze, interpret and act, evaluating possible courses of conduct and making decisions for the best outcomes for the client, team and the organization.
- Maintain high ethical standards and conduct regarding confidentiality, integrity, dual-relationships, and professional behavior overall, representing AccessMatters effectively and positively to all internal and external constituents.
- Create and maintain an inclusive and equitable work environment that is respectful of all, embraces diversity and equity, and includes diverse perspectives and talents in problem-solving.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIV prevention interventions across impacted communities.
- Knowledge and experience with diverse communities with cultural competence.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work with in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team environment, serving diverse populations and institutions across a broad spectrum of community and clinical providers within the fields of sexual and reproductive health and maternal and child health.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks effectively within a compressed timeframe.
- Excellent assessment, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of EvalWeb and CareWare, preferred.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters in in Public Health, Social Work/Human Services or related field (or equivalent field experience) preferred. Relevant industry specific experience considered in lieu of college degree where possible.
- 3-5 years of HIV program management, HIV care and/or prevention, health education/ community based services.
- Regional HIV Prevention Education and HIV CTR Certification, preferred.
- Experience with the CDC Behavioral Interventions for targeted communities, Targeted Testing, ARTAS, etc.
- Experience managing HIV/STD testing services
- Experience managing linkage/case management services
- Eligible for all city and state mandatory clearances, e.g. criminal and child abuse clearances