Health Resource Specialist IIOctober 2018
Responsible for providing reproductive and sexual health education related to disease prevention and healthy behaviors, provide limited health screenings (i.e. HIV/STD testing, interviews for risk reduction planning, etc.) reproductive and sexual health care system referrals and resources identification for persons seeking additional reproductive and sexual health screenings, diagnosis and treatment within the AccessMatters’ networks. Services may include but are not limited to proactively reaching out to target populations in need of care, providing individuals with health education related to reproductive and sexual health especially HIV prevention and access to HIV testing, linkages to medical care and case management, accompanying clients to care appointments, keeping track of clients to assure attendance to care, identifying resources and support, assisting with access to benefits including insurance and enabling client independence and self-sufficiency. In addition, duties also include maintaining appropriate documentation of client contacts, referrals and services provided.
Community outreach and program promotion
- Promote the program in the communities at risk and identified in planning, in community clinics, organizations and institutions who are stakeholders in the improvement of reproductive and sexual health, through outreach, presentations, and lectures.
- Provide sexual and reproductive health education to improve client health literacy, increase active participation in care decisions, and to maintain health care access.
- Maintain communication with clinic staff at identified sites to access target population to identify status or/and coordinate services.
Client service, support, and referrals
- Coordinate care and support services for individuals and families to improve health outcomes, based on care provider referral plan and client assessment, identifying additional needs.
- Provide limited health screenings (i.e. HIV/STD testing), risk reduction counseling, and reproductive and sexual health care system referrals.
- Increase quality health outcomes; establish goal-setting that includes risk reduction, adherence counseling and disclosure services where appropriate.
- Maintain communication with relevant healthcare and support services entities that may provide diagnostic, treatment and additional social support for clients.
Program operations and goal attainment
- Maintain close communication with supervisor and meet regularly with program team to report and review progress.
- Serve as Team Leader for the Health Resource Specialist l and/or Peer Counselors, assisting the Director of Community Based Health Services as point of contact for scheduling of onsite client services and event staffing, custody of client records and incentives, event logistics, and community advisory board engagement.
- Collect and process program data, maintain and regularly update program database in an accurate and timely way.
- Participate in special events, trainings, programs, projects, meetings, and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in the provision of risk reduction counseling sessions in sexual and reproductive health.
- Proficiency in the administration of HIV and STD testing technologies in clinical and community settings, preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, websites, social media, Internet and data entry advantageous.
- Ability to work in community locations without on-site supervision.
- Ability to facilitate educational programs in diverse settings.
- Ability to engage consumers in diverse settings (clinical, community settings).
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed (e.g., scheduled nights and weekends).
- Ability to communicate effectively and inclusively, verbally and in writing, with individuals or groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to perform with a high level of confidentiality, discretion and integrity.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in health related field, and/or 3-5 years of experience in the delivery of community-based health education and services. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of ARTAS implementation or medical case management experience.
- AACO Regional Prevention Network Certification or comparable HIV certification course (American Red Cross, TPAC, Philadelphia FIGHT) or three years of experience delivering community-based health education and services, preferred.
- State of Pennsylvania HIV Counseling and Testing Certification, preferred
- Eligible for required clearances.
- Provision of 3-5 years of community-level or client level health education, especially in the field of HIV testing, prevention, and counseling services.
- Provision of at least one year HIV counseling and testing.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY: E-mail cover letter and resume to [email protected] – submissions will be reviewed in a rolling basis with priority to those received by Friday October 26, 2018. Address cover letter to Elaine Petrossian, Vice President, Human Resources & Operations. No calls, please. Please include salary requirement and potential start date, along with specific experience in meeting or exceeding goals related to consumer outreach, provision of HIV/STD services, and any related training or certifications. ACCESSMATTERS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.