Health Resource Specialist IOctober 2018
Reporting to the Director of Community Based Health Services, within the Health Access & Service Delivery team, the Health Resource Specialist I is responsible for providing reproductive and sexual health education related to disease prevention and healthy behaviors, providing limited health screenings (i.e. HIV/STD testing, interviews for risk reduction planning, etc.), and providing reproductive and sexual health care system referrals and resources identification for persons seeking additional reproductive and sexual health screenings, diagnosis and treatment within the AccessMatters networks. Services may include but are not limited to providing individuals with health education related to reproductive and sexual health, especially HIV prevention and access to HIV testing, linkages to medical care and case management, accompanying clients to care appointments, keeping track of clients to assure attendance to care, identifying resources and support, assisting with access to benefits including insurance and enabling client independence and self-sufficiency. In addition, duties also include maintaining appropriate documentation of client contacts, referrals and services provided. This position is full time and non-exempt.
- Promote the program in the communities at risk and identified in planning, in community clinics, organizations and institutions who are stakeholders in the improvement of reproductive and sexual health through presentations.
- Assist in coordination of care and support services for individuals and families based on care provider referral plan and assessment, identifying and reporting any additional needs.
- Provide sexual and reproductive health education to improve client health literacy, increase active participation in care decisions, and to assist with health care access.
- Increase quality health outcomes; assist client with goal setting that includes risk reduction, adherence, support, and disclosure services where appropriate.
- Collect and process data and regularly update program database in an accurate and timely way.
- Maintain close communication with supervisor.
- Maintain communication with staff at identified sites to access target population to identify needs or/ and coordinate services.
- Maintain communication with relevant healthcare and support services entities that may provide diagnostic, treatment and additional social support for clients.
- Participate in special events, trainings, programs, projects, meetings, and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience within the sexual and reproductive healthcare environment.
- Passionate commitment to AccessMatters’ mission.
- Ability and desire to work with diverse cultures, populations and institutions across a broad spectrum of community and clinical providers within the field of sexual and reproductive health.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to evaluate problems and identify effective solutions for managing.
- Demonstrated ability with technical project planning and budget management, including scheduling and resource allocation.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and support multidisciplinary teams that implement highly complex initiatives/projects.
- Knowledge of metrics, analytics and skill in using them to refine performance of staff members and programs.
- Ability to develop a business case and determine expected values and cost/benefit analysis.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks effectively within a compressed timeframe.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, intellectually curious, open to new ideas and solutions.
Education and Experience
- Proficiency in the provision of risk reduction counseling sessions in sexual and reproductive health.
- Proficiency in the administration of HIV testing technologies in community settings.
- Proficiency in the administration of STD testing technologies in community settings.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, websites, social media, Internet and data entry advantageous.
- Ability to work effectively in community locations without on-site supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to facilitate educational programs in diverse settings.
- Ability to engage consumers in diverse settings (clinical, community settings).
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed (e.g., scheduled nights and weekends).
- Ability to communicate effectively and inclusively, verbally and in writing, with individuals or groups.
- Ability to perform with a high level of confidentiality, discretion and integrity.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY: E-mail cover letter and resume to [email protected] – submissions will be reviewed in a rolling basis with priority to those received by Friday October 26, 2018. Address cover letter to Elaine Petrossian, Vice President, Human Resources & Operations. No calls, please. Please include salary requirement and potential start date, along with specific experience in meeting or exceeding goals related to consumer outreach, provision of HIV/STD services, and any related training or certifications. ACCESSMATTERS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.