Director of Community Outreach & Information ServicesOctober 2018
Reporting to the Vice President, Health Access & Service Delivery (HASD), the Director of Community Outreach & Information Services leads the hotline and community education team and function for AccessMatters. The Director must understand the Philadelphia public health resource landscape and the value of building and maintaining strong relationships with partner organizations. Additionally, this position assures that program goals and objectives, including the delivery of quality client services are met through team building and supervision of staff, continual monitoring of program data, effective communication and collaboration with other departments and other agencies.
As part of the Senior Management team, the Director embraces and advances the mission and core values of AccessMatters, setting a positive example for staff by uniting colleagues and supervisees in support of the strategic vision adopted by the Board and Chief Executive. The Director helps to provide leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to the organization, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior. This position is full-time and exempt.
The Director of Community Outreach & Information Services will:
Lead the Hotline and Community Education Team and Program
- Provide Senior Leadership for all call center health education and referrals services.
- Supervise, train, develop, evaluate, coach, and motivate a team of direct reports, including the Senior Manager, Community Outreach & Information Services and Health Resource Specialists, to meet goals and work cooperatively to execute program strategies and manage all aspects of call center services.
- Participate in the hiring, training, and evaluation of staff; coordinate staff assignments, individual and group supervision, and team meetings.
- Using a strengths-based perspective, coach each staff member to build and utilize individual strengths for program activities, while providing supporting feedback and learning enhancements to address developmental needs, and taking corrective action when warranted.
- In collaboration with Vice President, Senior Program Manager, and Fiscal Department, manage relevant budgets and requirements in areas of deliverables, compliance, expenditures, reconciliation, invoices, contracting, and reporting.
- Review and approve project-related reports to ensure timely submission.
- Lead and actively participate in the writing of all local, state, federal and foundation grant proposals to obtain funding for services.
- Develop and implement recommendations for service improvements and enhancements, identifying service gaps for additional program development in collaboration with Senior Program Manager.
- Collaborate in the design and implementation of Quality Improvement Program in conjunction with the Quality Management Team.
- Collaborate with departments across the agency to increase program impact and achieve deliverables.
Lead Outreach and Social Networking Efforts to Raise Visibility and Recruit Target Population
- Direct the implementation of all outreach, marketing, and communications of health information services across the State of Pennsylvania.
- Lead the Social Networking Strategy efforts to recruitment target population individuals, MSM and high-risk heterosexual men of color.
- Oversee program-specific social media platforms.
- Interact directly with priority populations and develop new outreach and marketing techniques.
- Manage recruiter relationships, including coaching and administering incentive program.
- Collaborate with Publicity and Outreach as well as the Education and Engagement committee.
- Create, implement and maintain data collection, analysis and reports.
- Maintain referral database and quality control of data.
Advance the Mission of AccessMatters and Fulfill Organizational Duties
- As a member of Senior Management Team, exemplify our Core Values and dedication to a culture of excellent leadership, in which leaders foster an environment where staff feel valued and appreciated, where all staff hold themselves accountable in service to our community and stakeholders, and all staff eagerly pursue excellence.
- Consistently exercise discretion and sound judgment to analyze, interpret and act, evaluating possible courses of conduct and making decisions for the best outcomes for the client, team and the organization.
- Maintain high ethical standards and conduct regarding confidentiality, integrity, dual-relationships, and professional behavior overall, representing AccessMatters effectively and positively to all internal and external constituents.
- Create and maintain an inclusive and equitable work environment that is respectful of all, embraces diversity and equity, and includes diverse perspectives and talents in problem-solving.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with call center platforms and telephonic delivery of health education services
- Knowledge and experience using various social media platforms to meet program and organization outreach goals
- Knowledge of and ability to explain HIV infection and sexually transmitted diseases, HIV care and prevention interventions, and their effects on diverse populations and in the most impacted communities
- Knowledge and ability to counsel people on sexually transmitted diseases, family planning and related reproductive health, as well as issues that influence positive reproductive health outcomes
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems and quality assurance concepts.
- Knowledge of and experience within the sexual and reproductive health environment and maternal and child health field, including policy, funding streams, and support of diverse sexual and reproductive health programming.
- Excellent supervisory and staff development skills and team leadership abilities for multi-dimensional program activities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work within a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team environment, serving diverse populations and institutions across a broad spectrum of community and clinical providers within the fields of sexual and reproductive health and maternal and child health.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to counsel others and facilitate meetings
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks effectively within a compressed timeframe.
- Excellent assessment, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Eligible for all city and state mandatory clearances, e.g. criminal and child abuse clearances
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters in Public Health, Social Work/Human Services or related field (or equivalent field experience) preferred. Relevant industry specific experience considered in lieu of college degree where possible.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in health education, with 2-3 year experience delivery of health education via remotely.
- Experience (2 years preferred) of program leadership experience, including staff supervision and development, administrative, and budget management.